Afternoon everyone! As I mentioned, on Saturday afternoon my sister and I baked some brownies. I'll just admit this now - I actually don't really like chocolate brownies. I always find them far too sickly and double chocolate anything just isn't my thing. But I still wanted to have a good recipe I could turn to should I ever want/need to make them. I can happily say that my boyfriend and everyone in my family loved them :)
Makes around 9 or 18 brownies, depending on what size you prefer.
100g dark chocolate, chopped
85g milk chocolate, chopped
115g unsalted butter, diced
300g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, beaten
100g plain flour
50g self-raising flour
30g cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to gas mark 3, then grease and line a square tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Heat the dark chocolate, 25g of milk chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
3. Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs to the melted chocolate and butter. Mix to combine.
4. Sift the plain and self-raising flours and the cocoa powder into the bowl and mix until smooth.
5. Fold in the remaining milk chocolate.
6. Spoon into the prepared tin, spread level and bake for 30-35 minutes (use a cocktail stick to check
that they are still very slightly gooey in the middle, that's when they are perfect).
7. Leave to cool in the tin and dust over some icing sugar if you like. Then cut into squares and serve
with some ice cream or spray cream. Enjoy!